Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sweet Sammy's St. Paddy's Birthday

Five years ago yesterday a little blessing was given to us from the Lord. Our Samuel David Mateer is 5 years old today. It is hard to believe how fast it has gone. He is such a sweet little guy. He plays hard, he loves to read and cuddle and at night when he goes to bed, he sleeps hard. :) When I was pregnant with him, and he was ready to be born, I remember thinking any day but St. Patrick's day - only because the main thing I knew of St. Patrick's day was green beer. Now I love that he was born on St. Patrick's day. We have such fun celebrations on his birthday every year and it is really easy to find all kinds of decorations. A friend here from Ireland also shared the story of St. Patrick and his commitment to share the gospel with his native country. It is inspiring.

Yesterday we celebrated Samuel's birthday. He had such a great day. In the morning, Dave took him to breakfast - just the two of them. Dave said that Sammy smiled the whole breakfast. Then in the afternoon, our friends the Whites came over to celebrate with Sammy. After we opened presents and ate cake, we went out the to pool to swim. It was a great, great day.
 The big 5 year old
 Samuel holding his "Happy Green Birthday" sign and his Leprechaun minifigure. The sign was one that Joshua made for Sammy's first birthday. We get it out every year on Sammy's b'day.
 Sam with his pirate's treasure chest cake.
 Sam with all his buddies. (Funny - this is just our family and one other family. I guess we are a party unto ourselves!)
 Sam in his police uniform from his Pop-Pop and Mom-Mom.
Sammy and Mommy with his Lego sets.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun day that was! I think it should be Sammy Day instead of St. Patrick Day.

    ReplyDelete