Sunday, January 20, 2013

Going to the Moon

Last week in our Kindergarten for Sam, we went exploring out in space! We learned about the planets, stars and astronauts. We even built our own space ships and went to the moon!
T, S and A in their space ships. 
(The milk jugs are their astronaut helmets. 
The sheets hanging on the walls are our space sheets from one of the kid's beds.)

 We got out our Lego Space Shuttle and Space Center to celebrate learning about space!
 a few silly shots!

 Some of the books we read this week as we learned about space
The kiddos with their Solar Systems. They enjoyed learning the names of all the planets. 

(For you sticklers out there, I am aware that Pluto is no longer a planet. We learned about it anyway. I think it has something to do with my childhood. I had learned that it was a planet when I was a child and then when I became an adult, it was stolen away. I never fully recovered.
I did tell the kids scientists don't consider Pluto a planet anymore. 
Sigh.)


1 comment:

  1. That is one cool fun day!!
    I see the space ships are the laundry baskets with paper around them!! Too cool! But where in the world did you put ALL your laundry?:)
    What a BLAST of a day!
    I sure wish you could have just hopped in those space ships and flew right back down to Florida :)

    ReplyDelete