Monday, September 24, 2012

Apples, Apples, Apples

I love fall. I love the crispness of the air, the changing of the leaves, the need for a sweatshirt when you go outside and apples. Yes, apples. Once, a long time ago (while we were still in Kentucky), our family went apple picking. It has been a while since we have gone. This past weekend, we were able to go again. What a joy it was. We spent most of the weekend working on our house, but then on Saturday afternoon, we had a bit of time and we went apple picking. The great place about this orchard was that it was only about 10 minutes from our house. What a fun afternoon!








When we got home, we made apple bread and apple dumplings. Then today in school, Samuel and I made homemade applesauce. (A new experience for me as well.) Tomorrow I plan on making a few apple pies.

Ahhh, I do love fall.

2 comments:

  1. Yum. Those apples look delicious. Glad you got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the hugest bag of apples I have ever seen! How are there so many colors? Different trees? or one kind of apple?

    ReplyDelete