Friday, June 1, 2012

Deep thoughts about completing 4H books

Today my children turned in their 4H books to show what we have done in 4H this year. They did such a great job on this! I was so proud of how they incorporated the different things they had learned throughout the book. I wish I could publish the whole book on this site, but you'll have to take my word for it that it was a neat accomplishment.


My friend Bonnie and I were talking about the books the other day (her son is doing one too) and we were talking about how gratifying it was for us to see all that our little 4H group accomplished too. Sometimes our meetings were kind of chaotic, but it was so neat to see in one place all the things we completed. So, here are my deep thoughts about our 4H books:
Sometimes my life seems chaotic too. Sometimes I don't have a clean house, the kids argue, or things just don't go like I plan. It is hard to see what in the world I could possibly be accomplishing in this crazy life. Yet, I pray, that by God's grace, at the end of my life, the Lord will show me these things I was trying to do really did have an impact. I pray that He will open the books of my children's lives and show me, "You know what? All those prayers were answered. Here is the book of your children's life. It wasn't wasted time. Look at what I have accomplished through you." I pray that He takes these little lives that He has so graciously given me and HE makes them into the people that He wants them to be. That their lives become trophies for HIM. That is my prayer and the hope of my life.

It is also my deep thoughts about those 4H books. :)

1 comment:

  1. Did you get to make copies of their notebooks before turning them in? What a wonderful record of the year and what they learned.
    Hope you don't mind that I copied your prayer for your children's lives and posted it on fb. I really should have asked first, but too late now.

    ReplyDelete