Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Happy Memorial Day

We are so blessed in this country with the freedoms that we enjoy. I am so thankful for the many, many soldiers who have given their lives for the freedoms that we have. I found myself wiping tears away yesterday as we were celebrating with parades, hearing the national anthem, seeing the flags, and enjoying fellowship with friends because I am so thankful that we can. We can worship freely on Sundays - without threat of persecution. So many of our brothers and sisters in Christ cannot do that! One of our pastors often prays for our country, our leaders and that our freedoms may endure. He takes his prayer from 1 Timothy 2: 1-6

"First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kinds and all those who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and Men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time."

The kids and I did enjoy a fun parade in Sanford in the morning. This is us waiting for the parade to start.
Then we went over to Memorial Park where Sarah's friend from New Tribes was singing the National Anthem with another girl from NTM. They did great! It was fun to see her sing it. 

Then, in the afternoon, we went over to our dear friend's from church to enjoy fellowship and some yummy grilling!

No comments:

Post a Comment