It sounded like a really great idea! I thought, " How creative" this neat website Hubbard's Cupboard is. We were doing the letter K in school and they suggested putting glue down on the paper and then "painting" with kool-aid. (We actually just sprinkled the kool-aid on top of the glue.) Well, we used this nasty raspberry flavor that wasn't my favorite flavor anyway and when it fell on the glue - it looked like blood! Awful. Then to make it even worse - Sammy licked some kool-aid off of the table (not glue, mind you, only kool-aid), but it really grossed me out.
So, maybe I am blogging about a normal day in our homeschool. Things you think are going to go incredibly smoothly - sometimes end up a little bit crazy!
Josh working hard at his math - he didn't even know I was there!
Sarah also doing her math, but she turned and gave me a smile!
The kids doing the craft that turned gross very fast!
OK, don't judge me for letting my two year old hold a bottle of glue. Maybe I shouldn't have included this picture! :)
You can't really see how gross it ended up looking, but take my word for it.
The picture below is actually from another day. Every year, we have this homeschooling tradition where we buy t-shirts from Michael's and then everyone gets to paint their own shirt. They decorate them anyway they want. (I did help Sam put his name on his shirt and helped Anna do all of hers.) It is so neat to see how creative they can be!
I've enjoyed looking through your blog, Diane! We had a similar project today - not so gross, but just a mess involving paint that was supposed to stay inside ziploc bags and didn't! I was supposed to use freezer bags and used regular instead. Oops! Thanks for sharing about your day :)
ReplyDelete