When Dave and I first got married, we had an 80's party. I remember my mom saying, "We used to have 50's parties and now you are having 80's parties!" It was a crazy, funny party and truth be told, it was a great time. I was dressed in the crazy styles of the day and Dave looked like Don Johnson. We had decorations (mainly CD sleeves and VHS movie cases) and a karaoke game with 80's music. Dave even made an 80's Jeopardy game on his computer. It was a fun time.
Now fast forward 12 1/2 years and you see Dave and I with five lovely children, fully of energy and fun. And you might just see their teacher (moi) come dressed to class in the 80's garb once again.
Our wonderful homeschool co-op has been going through the decades of 1900-2000 and I volunteered to teach the class on the 80's. (OK, so I actually requested it as one of my first choices, but whatever...) I loved the 80's when I lived through them. I loved the music, the games, the movies. But, when you are teaching a class on the 1980's to young children, you suddenly realize some of those things that you so loved are really not something that you can always share. So let's just say, I was selective in the things we taught that day. (I will share that I had a wonderful time watching tons of 80's video clips (music and movies) on YouTube the night before my class.)
Oh the memories...
Hee hee
ReplyDeleteYou can take the girl out of the 80s, but you can't take the 80s out of the girl! :o)
You have got to get a subscription to Sirius XM; then you can listen to "80s on 8" all day, every day.
ReplyDelete