Thursday, January 23, 2014

Happy Anniversary! Happpeee Anniversary!

When I was a little girl, my sister and I used to sing this silly song for Anniversaries. "Happy Anniversary! Happy Anniversary! Happpeee Anniversary!!!!!!!! Happy Anniversary!" (Somehow it loses some if you aren't actually singing it, but that's OK.)

Dave and I celebrated our 15th anniversary this year. That seems like quite a milestone to me. We had talked about it for a while and we really wanted to go away for our anniversary. So, we got Dave's parents to watch the little ones and found friend's for J and S to spend the night with (for the first night anyway) and then drove out to Ohio for a small getaway.

It was just lovely.

We ate out every meal for 2 days and spent two nights in a hotel. We hiked and saw some great waterfalls and just had a lovely time. We were so grateful to be able to get away for the time.

Here are some pics of the Anniversary getaway:
 Dave and I at one of the waterfalls - 
it was COLD!
... and icy too!
 Here's one of the trails at the Ridges,
and Dave and I at the top
 Dave and I hiking below the ridges

Happy Anniversary to us!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! The views are gorgeous. Looks kinda slippery for hiking though. It is a rare luxury to eat all your meals out! Great way to celebrate your milestone anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you remember that the anniversary song actually came from a Flintstones cartoon episode? Our whole family used to sing it for our wedding anniversaries.

    ReplyDelete