Thursday, June 27, 2013

Farmer Diane?

OK, just for the record, I am no farmer. In fact, I am pretty convinced I am the only Biology major in the world that has a black thumb of death. My grandma had a wonderful green thumb. She could take these plants that looked almost dead and woo them back to life. The next time we would come to visit it would be beautiful and covered with blooms.

Apparently the gene was not passed on to me. So, I was pretty excited when I did not kill my blueberry plants and I grew lettuce from seed this year. We have gotten a very nice harvest of lettuce this year and the blueberry plants produced beautiful, sweet berries. Now, I really pray I do not kill them now that I have written this blog, but so far, so good.

Anna agreed to pose with some of the lettuce we harvested and the first blueberries from our bush.

 Our first blueberries
 Leaf Lettuce
Our little blueberry bush

Anna also wanted to show our faithful readers the tree swing Dave put up. We are very much enjoying having a yard to run around and play in. (I will include a second blog about the tree house that is coming soon.)
 What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment