Well, when we moved to PA, we found out we had to fire safety every year that we homeschool our children. I decided I didn't want to just to do boring old worksheets, no way! I called up the local fire department and asked them if they would do a small program about fire safety with the kiddos. They did and what a wonderful program they did.
We had another homeschooling family meet us there and this is right before the program started.
The fireman went over fire safety issues for the children ...
and even dressed Joshua up like a fire fighter.
Then he showed the children the fire trucks...
and took them all for a ride all over our little town.
Afterwards, the kids enjoyed playing at the playground near the fire station.
As the title of this blog states, our firemen are really special to this mama's heart. I think if you know a fireman or a police officer or anyone else involved in public service, thank them for their great work. Which reminds me, I need to send a BIG thank you to our fire department!
What a great field trip! No way would you have found a fire dept. to do that in Florida! What a great little town!
ReplyDelete