Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pittsburgh Fun

We have had a busy month! In addition to all of the normal Christmas excitement, we have been busy with some other things too! Earlier this fall, some friends gave us 5 free tickets to the Pittsburgh Zoo. When I mentioned this to a friend from our homeschool gym and swim, she said they have passes to the zoo and that they would love to go with us. So, we all went together earlier this month. This was great fun because she also could bring a friend, so all of us Mateers got to get in free. That is my kind of field trip. (Just so you know, my kids said it wasn't a REAL field trip because I still made them do math and grammar before we left. Mean Mama!!)
We did have a wonderful day at the zoo, even though it wasn't a "real" fieldtrip!

By the way, did I mention that my friend that went with us is a Creative Memories Consultant? Look at these picture collages that she created:
 Aren't these cool?!


Wait a minute - what is the Rome Coliseum doing in these pictures? 
haha, just making sure you are paying attention!
(Actually the Coliseum is a picture we are adding to our lapbooks that I mentioned earlier this year. 
More on that in another post!)

Then, just a few days after a rip-roaring good time at the zoo, Sarah and I headed back to Pittsburgh to see the Nutcracker Ballet. It was so fun. She had never seen it before and I hadn't seen it since I was in high school, so it was a very special day indeed. That was what Dave and I gave her for her birthday. It was just a fun and special treat.
 Sarah and I by the sign
The Sugar Plum Fairy at a photo shoot before the Nutcracker began

Sarah and I both really enjoyed the evening. We even got to go out to dinner just the 2 of us. It was a really special night!

Lots of fun activities in Pittsburgh before Christmastime!


1 comment:

  1. Okay, the Pittsburg zoo has one up on the Sanford zoo! :)
    and that scrapbook friend is absolutely amazing!!
    The Nutcracker sure did look fun and pretty!

    ReplyDelete