Saturday, December 8, 2012

Craft time with Sarah

I already wrote about how I love Thanksgiving. And I do. I love it. I also really love Christmas. The excitement starts with Thanksgiving, carries right on through Christmas, then goes all the way to our anniversary on January 2nd. Yes, this is a wonderful time of the year.

This year I decided to make a special craft with Sarah for Christmas. My mom and I made one set of these years ago and so this year I carried on the tradition with my daughter. We made fun little Christmas trees out of scraps of fabric and those Styrofoam cones you can get at JoAnn's. Above is the finished product, but I also wanted to show a few pictures of us making them.

First we cut the fabric into 3 in squares
Then we folded the fabric into small squares, with a small piece of batting inside. We used fabric needles to attach them to the Styrofoam cones. We started at the bottom and went around the cones until we got to the top.
Then when we were finished, we added gold ribbon to finish it off. Fun Christmas memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment