Tuesday, October 2, 2012

It's Fun to stay at the YMCA!!!!


This blog post could actually be called something tame like "Homeschool Gym and Swim", but I thought that was a totally BORING title. I thought the song by the Village People was so much more fun! So, is everyone singing the YMCA song? Good.

We did not join a co-op (yet) this year. We might join one at another time in the year, but for now, it has been OK not having one. We did join the YMCA, though. After we joined, we found out there is a Homeschool Gym and Swim class that meets once a week. What a blessing this little class has been! They do gym class with other homeschoolers for almost an hour, then swim for almost an hour and then do art for the last 30 minutes. We are there for a full 2 1/2 hours and it has been really good. They are learning some games and doing different swimming activities and it has just been a good fit for us. They also really enjoy the art. The best part is probably meeting other homeschooling families and the kids are making some friends. Never a bad thing. 

I think at first the children were a bit nervous (except for Joshua who jumped in with both feet, no pun intended), but now it has turned into a really special part of our week. Joshua, Sarah and Tim all look forward to it and ask me all morning on Tuesday, "Mom, how long before we leave for the Y?" 

Today we even had a kids vs. parents kickball game - all in good fun. The children whopped us (as Timothy said) and it was just a fun day all around.

Before we left, I did snap a quick picture of them by the Y sign. 

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day Tuesdays must be. I would have loved something like that for our daughters even though I didn't home school them. Their craft above must be something with paper plates. Next write about choir and handbells for Sarah and Tim.

    ReplyDelete