Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Visit with a dear friend

When I moved to Pennsylvania (the very 1st time, not the second or third time), I moved in the middle of my 9th grade year. My dad got a job in Cabot, PA and we found a house in lovely Kittanning, PA. I moved at a volatile time in a young person's life, but all of us saw so many good things that occurred through that move. SO many things!

Well, by the time I was a senior, I had made lots of friends. One of the people I became really good friends with was a girl named Noelle. Through many years since high school, she and I have remained very good friends. We visited each other while in college, visited each other after we got married and even after we started having babies. Now we have 5 children and she and Matt have 8 and we still love getting together. Our children love getting together as well.

So, this past week, we went to see them. What a joyful reunion it was.
 the kids going down to the creek to play (all 13 of them)
 all the kids eating dinner
you can tell they get along great (and they do!!)
 Noelle and I - still very good friends after all these years
the children - second generation of great friends

What a very special trip indeed!


1 comment:

  1. How very, very cool! But I still see that FLORIDA shirt on you :)
    We know you miss your Florida friends too :)
    We love and miss you all so very much!!

    ReplyDelete