Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Moving is Hard

OK. I have decided that moving is hard.

It's funny. My family moved a lot when I was growing up. I have lived in Maryland, Tennessee, Alabama, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Florida and then another stent in Pennsylvania. The first 4 of those moves were when I was a child. The final 3 have been since Dave and I were married. When I was a child, moving seemed like an adventure! Meeting new friends, trying out new schools, etc. Then I became an adult and moving takes on a life of its own. (See Mom and Dad how much I am appreciating all the hard work you did as we moved all those times! I DO appreciate it very much.) Packing, sorting, saying goodbye, leaving good friends behind, throwing away, giving away, bills to pay, mail to forward, moving trucks to pack and move, finding a house, waiting while after you find a house to move in and all the while taking care of 5 little ones that still need your love and attention.

Yep, moving is hard.

It does have bright spots, though. We did find a house. Yea! We are just waiting for it to be ready. It is a lovely split entry. It does need some work, but that is OK, we are looking forward to making it our own. We are praying that all will go well with the inspection that is supposed to happen this Friday. We also have been staying with Dave's parents. They have graciously allowed all of us to move right in and we are enjoying seeing them everyday. Another bright spot is the kids and I might start school tomorrow too. I think the schedule will be nice. I got them all registered for home schooling here in Beaver. Dave has a job. This is a HUGE bright spot. In an economy that has not been all together stable, the Lord saw fit to give Dave a job. We are truly thankful.

So moving is hard, but there are bright spots. God's mercies are new every morning and overall even in the midst of the craziest month of my life, I am thankful. Thankful for all of God's provisions. Thankful for my Dave and our children. Thankful for Dave's parents and mine. Yes, even thankful for the move. Sometimes the Lord has to move us out of our comfort zones to stretch us and remind us that He is all sufficient. He certainly is.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! What a testimony of God's hand in your life as we watch this chapter unfold right before our eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right...in all of the above.

    ReplyDelete