Thursday, July 5, 2012

Watermelon Run

Every summer, we try to set some goals of things we would like to do in the summer or things we would like to learn. This summer, Sarah decided she wanted to run in a 5K. Joshua also said he wanted to run in one. So, we found the Watermelon 5K in our area and thought that just might fit the bill.

Yesterday, Joshua, Sarah and I ran in the Watermelon Run in Winter Park, FL. It is a fun run (not timed) and they had free watermelon and snow cones afterward. What a fun way to start out the 4th of July! We were there with 4000+ other people running in a 5K celebrating our nation's independence. It was a lot of fun.
Sarah and I with the watermelon as our "smiles" after the run

Sarah saw this picture and she said, "I look tired!"
She did a great job for her first 5K!!

Joshua and Sarah after the race.
Josh didn't run with us (he is way too fast for us!)  but we all finished!
It was great fun.

A wonderful start to our 4th of July

Happy Independence Day!

1 comment: