Friday, July 13, 2012

The last time...


Moving is full of mixed emotions. There is the excitement of what is next and how the Lord is leading you. The excitement of a new job and the adventure of a new area. It is also a sad time. Saying goodbye to dear friends that you have grown to know and love. Letting go of a church you love dearly. It is also a time of "lasts". The last time we will go to our church picnic. The last few days of swimming in our pool. The last meal with dear friends. The last Ladies Bible Study here. The last days of living and working in a certain place.

This week, we decided to take one last trip to the beach before we move. OK, I admit it. I am not a beach person. (Well, I used to not be.) I think after 4 years of living close to it, I have finally grown to appreciate it. A few days ago, some of dearest friends from church (the Blixes) set up this whole beach day. It was just a bunch of us moms from church with our kids - 6 families, I think was the final count. We almost took over the beach. :) It was so much fun.  The kids had a WONDERFUL time swimming with their dear friends. They had some of the teenagers from the church to jump waves with, go boogie boarding with and to watch them farther out in the water. We moms stayed close to the smaller ones who were playing in the sand and the shallow part of the waves. It was a great, great day. A very special "last" indeed.
Anna and Kara at the beach

Sarah having a great time on the waves

Josh, Tim and Sarah getting ready to catch the next wave

Josh and Jonathan with their boogie boards

eating lunch

Joshua with his best friends here

Sarah and Holly with their cokes

a bit more swimming after lunch!

My good friend Katherine and her son 

Anna and I

all the kids at the ice cream place at the end of the day

1 comment:

  1. I just asked Patrick about you last weekend. I know it is hard to say good bye, especially for the kids, some of whom have never known living anywhere else. We will keep you in our prayers,

    Love the beach pictures. Looks like Cocoa. Take care.

    ReplyDelete