Thursday, January 19, 2012

Babuska

This year as we are "traveling" the world in our co-op and studying World Geography. Last week I had the extreme pleasure of teaching on Russia. I lived in Russia the summer between my junior and senior years at Grove City College. I also took Russian in high school, so it was very special for me to get to teach this class. We crammed A LOT of information into that hour and fifteen minutes that we had. (Each teacher each co-op week teaches the class twice - once to the older kids (4th - 6th grades) and once to the younger class (K- 3rd grades.) So I taught on Russia twice that day. We did a folder for the older kids with lots of information about Russia. Then for the younger children, we acted out a Russian folk tale (The Gigantic Turnip) and made flags for Communist Russia and Russia today. It was a fun day.

For you all to get a good laugh, here is me as a babuska:

No comments:

Post a Comment