This year I put away the science textbooks and we have been exploring different science topics that I feel the children need to know about. Well, since we went to Legoland last Monday, I thought we would explore roller coasters and do a little of our own science with it.
Years ago, I taught at the Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh and they did a week long camp with roller coasters. We didn't do a week-long camp here, but we did do some of the experiments in our school at home. I checked out a ton of books from the library and lo and behold one of the books had the very experiment they used to do with the children at the Carnegie Science Center. It is where you build your own roller coaster using foam insulation for pipes. Here was the cool result of our labors:
Sarah setting up her roller coaster
Sarah rolling her marble down it to see if it worked
Josh made a double loop roller coaster
I can't wait to see what God is going to do with those Mateer kids!
ReplyDelete