Monday, December 12, 2011

Epcot - around the world in our backyard

Last Thursday, our home school co-op Time Travelers went to Epcot for our Christmas around the world party. It was great! We had a wonderful time and Disney gave us an amazing deal for the field trip. They really worked with us and gave our little home school group a special day to remember. We have been studying Geography this year in our co-op and so it was VERY COOL to see some of the countries that we have been studying (even if it was Disney-fied.) We got to see Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, Japan, Morocco, United States, France, United Kingdom and Canada.

In China, for example, we had studied about the Terra-Cotta Soldiers, and we got to a miniature version of them right at Epcot! We saw a lovely movie about France and rode the rides in Mexico and Norway. Just fun things and a great way for the children to "see" the things we have been learning about. I just went with our three older children (Dave graciously stayed home with Sam and Anna so I could focus on the older three) and we had a really nice time.

 We did have a few minutes to get our picture taken with Mickey Mouse and Daisy Duck

 The Terra-Cotta soldiers from China
 Sarah with her friend and her friend's sister with Pooh and Tigger
Sarah had a great time getting her autograph book signed while we were at Epcot this day! She actually found a Disney autograph book in the mission barrel (like a free Goodwill here at the mission) last year and has gotten lots of use out of it. She loved getting the character's autographs!

 Josh, Sarah, Tim and I with the Epcot ball
our family and Sarah's friend in the Japanese gardens
  the smaller version of Eiffel Tower from France (I must say I do wish I had gotten a French eclair while we were in France. We didn't do it and I wished we had.)

It was a wonderful day. Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment