Friday, May 13, 2011

Co-op End of Year Party

The end of the school year is in sight. (As I write this, we are down to our last 7 days. I look forward to summer as much as the kids!)

On May 5th, 2011, we had our end-of-year co-op party. What a fun day. We had it here at NTM and we traveled through some of the decades that we have studied this year - from 1900 to the present. Our co-op is different from many homeschool co-ops that I have seen. Ours is a History Co-op, so we study history throughout the year. This year and last we happened to be in American History and it was so cool to see how well it complemented what we were learning in our own schooling times. What a blessing how the Lord orchestrates those things!

It was a fun party - each mom took a different decade from 1900 to the present and we had stations for the children to visit and do fun activities. My friend Kim and I did the 70's and 80's together and we did face painting. There was also egg and spoon races, three legged races, a fishing pond, "army training" and even a hula-hoop area. We LOVE our co-op and are thankful for the wonderful year!

 All of our "Time Travelers"
 The Moms dressed their part for each decade. What a fun group.
 The girls at the face painting booth
 Three decades represented - 70's, 1900-1910 and the 50's

No comments:

Post a Comment