Saturday, November 26, 2011

Count your many blessings

Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your many blessings, see what God hath done.

-taken from the song Count Your Blessings | Johnson Oatman, Jr

This week was Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving. I love that we have a holiday celebrating all the wonderful blessings that God has given to us. I don't just mean material blessings - I mean all of our blessings in Christ, our families, being together, the freedoms we enjoy in this country and on down to the food we eat every day. I am thankful for our supporters who allow us to be here. I am thankful for so much; as I said, I love Thanksgiving.

My parents came down to visit this weekend. It was such a nice time with them. We spent Thanksgiving Day here at our house and then went to a park on Friday. They had to head back home this morning, but it was still a nice time.

When I count my blessings, I can name them one by one:

Even though Dave's parents weren't here to celebrate Thanksgiving, they definitely rank in our "blessings" list as well:

No comments:

Post a Comment