This quilt design has a story. When I was little and we would go to my grandma's church, she would draw this little design on the church bulletin for me. She was also an avid quilter and she loved the color purple. In loving memory and honor of her, I decided to turn her design into a quilt. In doing this, I learned how to do a ton of new things! I learned how to do mitered corners, scalloped edges, making your own bias tape, and freehand quilting. It was so fun. I hope you enjoy the finished product as much as I have enjoyed making it!
This is when I first appliquéd the design onto the fabric.
Then I sewed around them with black thread to make them stand our more.
Then I pieced the quilt together and learned the mitered corners. I also learned the freehand quilting - very fun.
My finished product.
and a close-up of one of the squares.
Wow, Diane, this quilt is amazing. I am so impressed. We had a good time on Saturday.
ReplyDeleteThanks for inviting us! See you Wednesday (it will be cold!)
Beautiful job, Diane! So impressive and what a lovely way to honor your grandmother!
ReplyDelete