Sunday, November 28, 2010

Goodbye to a Merry Friend

We started decorating for Christmas this afternoon. (I know, I know, it's still November. Sigh.) Alas, there was a casualty since last season.

My sister's family got us a "Merry Monster" several years ago. (I think that's the correct name anyway.) For those uninformed among you, the Merry Monster is a jolly little critter who sings a couple of Christmas-like tunes when you press his foot. The best thing is that there is absolutely no volume control. And the speakers that must be inside this thing put Bose to shame. It goes up to 11, if you know what I mean. The kids love it. The parents love it in 6 minute increments.

Sadly, Merry Monster refused to belt out his traditional jingle-jolly-deck-them-halls-merry-sparkly-white-christmasy mirth this year. I suspect the parts I heard rattling around inside of him had something to do with that.

Goodbye, Merry Monster, I hardly knew ye.

1 comment:

  1. Very sad. Even more sad is that I don't even remember getting you guys this! Oh well, I guess it was well loved for long enough!

    ReplyDelete